Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Well, it's been a somewhat odd day. So slack it felt good for once. Slacking nowadays is a luxury rather than a necessity, hence it is more price elastic...*slaps self* Ok I really must get a life sometime soon.

---

Today MJC decided to be good for once and released us at 12.30 to watch the council investiture, which would then be followed by a bus trip to the National Stadium to watch the soccer finals against VJ, who have been blowing their horns a lot recently.

Sounds good, right? Well, no.

I was sitting at LT4 watching a watered down broadcasted version of the investiture. The stupid streaming software kept breaking down, resulting in a very disrupted half-investiture, which I left to catch a bus.

A bus. Not to watch soccer, but to go down to Siglap South CC for choir practice since concert is tomorrow.

Bah. Not Ah Bah. Just Bah.

---

Speaking of choir, I think my voice is dying. Like seriously. I can't reach half the volume I can normally reach. So much for my plan of blasting the concert with my horrendous voice.

I just want tomorrow to be over with so I can *gasp* focus on my studies.

I should have cabbed to the national stadium after choir practice to watch the last few minutes of regulation time, because....

---

The soccer match ended not too long ago. And MJ WON! I have no idea how it happened but MJ WON! Apparently it went to penalties after finishing 1-1 so I can imagine the thing being even more drama-mama than it should have been, since everyone was pretty much predicting VJ to kick MJ butts. Even I thought it would be fairly hard to force VJ to penalties at least.

I probably should have gone, but getting home first enables me to be the first to blog about it.

So, for now at least, MJ > VJ.

---

I got told to cut my hair today. Damn, just when I thought I could get away with it. Oh well, I try to go back to school after june without cutting my hair and see if I can escape. Mrs Crossley seemed very cross about it. Cross enough to disrupt my prentending-do-to-homework process.

---

I fell asleep in lit today. Apparently I was snoring loud enough for people to hear it. Not good for my reputation. And Fiona drew on my arm while I was sleeping. Stupid girl.

---

Something odd happened today. After going to parkway to give Mok his concert ticket, I ran into a friend i havent met in a long time. Going poly with 8 points is freaking cool. And apparently the years ones have it slacky. Idiots.

So we were talking at the bus stop when suddenly a girl walks up to me and asks," Do you want a lift home?"

Me: Huh?
Girl: Er do you want a lift home?
Me: Wha?
Girl: Um, I'm your neighbour.
Me: Really?
Girl: *runs back to car, older woman inside tells me to come over*
Woman: You live at telok Kurau right?
Me: Uh huh.
Woman: well , get in then.

So I stupidly acceptaed a lift from strangers and got in. As it turned out, they really were my neighbours. And I got to know them a little better.

Still, it's kind of a shock when people know youre their neighbours and you don't. I mean, I've seen them a few times but I don't really recognize them outside. Shocking.

---

I shall go attempt to do work now, since tomorrow will just knock me out completely.