Tuesday, November 23, 2004

First up, The Incredibles! Yup, caught this with Sian, her friend FX and Sidney, her cute kid brother. Otherwise today nothing to do.

The animation was pretty great. Characters were well drawn and smoothly animated, which gave the movie a realistic feel. The landscape art was rreeeaaalllllly good. The scene where Mr Incredible first landed on the island was breathtaking. And even when the animation was supposed to be on the characters, the background did not suffer either, like the scene on which Dash ran on water.

Sound: Voice acting was pretty damn good. The only part I found slightly annoying, but not so to be a factor in overrall enjoyment of the movie, was Elastigirl's lisp. And Dash perhaps, but that was supposed to be character. Voice actors really managed to fit into their character's role. Not to mention there was Samuel L. Jackson(Frozone). How could a movie with him in it be bad?
As for music, wasn't really paying attention to it. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and attribute it to its seamlessly fitting into each scene.

Characters: Each character didn't seem to be too deep or complicated, which is probably good since this is a movie, and I wasn't in the mood for thinking too much. The characters also stayed in character throughout the show, as can be seen by Dash and Violet's repeated mention of their mother, since they are still children. Edna was hilarious. Syndrome did a really good job of being a heel, too. So easy to hate. On a side note, when I heard Frozone's name, I kept thinking of a power involving an afro for some strange reason. =D

Plot/ Storyline: Your classic superhero plot storyline. What really won me over was the humour of the show( when Mr incredible threw his boss through 5 walls or sth) and how well the characters interacted together(through use of their super powers), like when Violet made a forcefield with her an Dash inside, and Dash started running, and also how Elastigirl and Dash combined to become a motorboat. Creative use of superpowers was pretty exciting and new,too. Movie scores here as well. Even the ending was funny, when Syndrome tried to kidnap Jack Jack.

"wtf? Human Torch?"
"wtf? Colossus?"
"wtf? Ergizan?"

Also, the part where dash was running in a race was pretty funny too.

*Dash starts jogging*
"nonono! Second place!"
"Okay! Second place!"
*Dash starts running*
"nonono! closer closer"

rofl.

Frozone: WHERE. IS. MY. SUPER. SUIT?
Wife: WHY DO YOU NEED YOUR SUPER SUIT?
Frozone: It's for the greater good!
Wife: I'm your wife! I'm the greatest good you'll ever have!

I was lmao at this part.

Conclusion: Great movie! If you don't watch it, you're not watching anything else. This is going to be so much better than Christmas with the Kranks, Taxi and Polar express(though I think this will be not bad). Not too sure about National Treasure, though. The title sounds kind of cheesy.

---

Badminton earlier today. Pretty fun! Not sure if I've improved though. Will be playing on Friday again. Hope I don't kena headshot again.

---

Going to school for jc choices tomorrow. Still have no idea what I'm applying for. Either ACJC, MJ or TJ(if I somehow manage to squeak in through choir.HAHA! Melissa, I'd be thankful if you could tell me the trial dates. Please).

Oh fark. Leck just showed me cut-off points. I am in deep shit.

-Wilfred, frantic thanks to leck