Wednesday, May 04, 2005

"Be prepared for a full house of other choirs waiting for you to screw up."

Yeah right. Over half the seats I was looking at were empty. No fear. I didnt even notice there were 3 or 4 choirs watching till I walked down.

That being said, the songs actually went quite well, but only one piece was excuted perfectly. Not good enough for some people. It was, however, good enough for a gold. I'm not actually that pissed that we missed on a gold with honours unlike some people*ahem*(you know who you are) even though I felt we could have done better.

Seriously, what's so bad about a gold? I understand the part about striving for excellence, but I think the process of actually practicing the songs were more important. Just because your secondary school choir got a gold with honours dosen't put you in a position where not getting one should be a tradgedy of phenomenal levels.

---

Well after the first stressful part died down, I had to turn my attention to yet another mentally taxing situation - council elections.

To begin with, there wasn't much stress on me to begin with, because due to the lack of campaigning nobody was feeling hyped about me. This would, however, also mean that nobody knows me, and that I didnt have the added benefit of winning people over even before I made my speech.

Well, I fumbled my speech. I wrote a speech out nicely, and got it approved by my attached councillor. What I ended up saying however, would turn out to be mostly different. Oh well, the half that I didn't use was quite bad anyway. Lucky for me I was pushed to the back, so I had lots of time to make something up. At least I hid it quite well.

I don't think I have a very good chance of getting in anyway. Oh well, whatever will be will be. It's not the end of the world.

---

Maybe now I can actually sit down and start thinking of other....matters.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home