Friday, April 22, 2005

From urbandictionary.com:

brain-fart

A total lack of recognition.
A silly mistake.
Can be stress related.

Yea, that's pretty much what happened during my council speech. With somewhat great enouragement from my class, I walked up feeling somewhat confident. As tempted as I was to swagger, it took every ounce of willpower in my body to not make a fool of myself before I even make my speech.

All I did was delay the inevitable for a matter of seconds. Apparently, the part about not talking about the benefits of making me a councillor because 30 seconds wasn't enough came off as arrogant. Which also means I already have a template for my 2-minute speech which I may not even have a chance to make due to choir SYF unluckily falling on the exact same day.

The joke part came when I ran out of ideas and started singing. I had planned to " go guiness", but this is pretty much the apex of the brain-fart. I started singing. It was okay for the first two lines, but after that my churning stomach finally gave way and I spiraled out of tune.

What can I say? At least I'm semi-remembered. If nothing else then for being candidate #1.

Random notes on other candidates:

#7 Azlyn : Lots of support. Most probably a shoo-in, unless she decides to really screw it up. Remembered for singing better than me.
#5 Tah Hong : Anticlimatic when sparkler died on him. Should've been real good.
#8 Muslim : Cool name. Also sang out of tune. Damn.
#14 Alvin : Not bad. Flattened hair for speech.

Must... control....fingers...

---

And the work starts to pile up. Lit in MJC is really tough compared to VJC. Also lots and lots to read for History. Econs needs some getting used to but I might just have a chance at passing next Monday's test. Maths is pretty much practice aka fail liao.

---

Apparently VS now has 5 gold awards, 2 with honours. Pwnage la. I didnt think those juniors had it in them.

Go VS!

---

So close, yet so far. Drifting past as if nothing existed. So close in flesh, yet so far in mind.

Then again, perhaps it's better this way. In more ways than one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home