Sunday, February 20, 2005

Well well. Another week passes in MJC, and not much changes. MJ is still a gambling den, there still are muggers, and I have yet to be sacked as a games IC.

---

Next week looks to be a slack one. We have monday, which starts at 9am and ends at 1.15pm. No complaints. Tuesday is a bit tougher, finishing at 4.15. Choir after that too. We'll probably be singing a random japanese song or something. So it's still slack. On Wednesday, lessons finish at 9.30 am. However, I have to endure 2 periods of chinese. And I have Thursday and Friday off. Rock on. However though, O level results are coming out on either Friday or the following Monday, so damn right I'll have a lot of free time to worry and be a paranoid freak. =D

---

For those wondering why MJ life is suddenly so good, this is in name of the college opening ceremony. So let me get this straight. The college only officially opens after 3 years of operation. Which also means that I appealed from an established JC closer to my home to study in a JC that has not even opened yet. Bummer.

---

My class likes singing more and more as the days go by. Of course, with people liking singing more and more, there will also be people hating singing more and more. For example, during P.E....

Jeevan, Andrew, Azlyn, Suq, Jeremy, Rachel, Alex:

I just want you to know
I found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you...

Nat: *Changes direction and cuts across field*
Me: Oei Nat! Where you going?
Nat: I DUNNO THEM!

hehehe.

---

I still need good music. Been liking club music and neo-classical music as of late. Franz Ferdinand is pretty decent too.

---

Had flag day today(yesterday). It was such a hot day, so I wasn't really in the mood. The day pretty much went like this.

8.50 - Reaches mrt.
9.00- Gets can, alot of extra stickers. Am happy. Notice can is opened through the bottom. Is happier.
9.35- Class reaches Bugis MRT. After some discussion, the class splits up. Andrew, Rachel, Fernn and I are left at Bugis MRT. Andrew pines for Silas to come back, putting more doubt into his sexual orientation.
10.00- We decide to go to Orchard after realizing that human traffic at Bugis is bad. I collect my first 2 coins, a $1 coin and a 50c coin. Fernn has a 20c coin. Andrew and Rachel have a lot of 10c coins. I laugh.
10.30- 4 weird people reach Orchard and walk to Forum. To their delight, Toys r' Us is open. We hide tins in bag. Among other items, we sift through Scooby-Doo stuffed toys, toy babies, Play-dough sets and stretchable animals. Rachel goes crazy over Fairy suit. I stifle laughter. Andrew is amazed by "try-me" button on toy Dragon. Rachel falls in love with hula hoops again. I am amazed by toy guns. Fernn wants wings.
11.15- We eventually come out and try to collect some $$$. We realize a group of men in pants carrying even weirder contraptions outside Forum, and sense that something is wrong. Fernn changes $2 worth of 10c coins and donates to herself. The weird men go into action, making a lot of noise and dancing in weird costumes, in the name of warding off evil spirits. I still don't understand how colourful headgear is supposed to make them look like lions. Andrew and Rachel decide to be enthu and collect more money. Fernn and I can't take the noise and sneak off.
12.45- We meet back up and head back to Paya Lebar MRT.
1.30- We reach back and stone around for a while. Multiple old people chase us away, claiming that we block the passage of human traffic. Nat has a heavy tin. I have a rattler. People start singing again. I turn away.
2.00- I pangseh the idiots who decided to go to the SA funfair. It was a hot day, and SA would probably be crowded and stuffy. Who cares if I would get to see Samuel and other random people there.

Yeah, it was a fun day.

---

I need to stop dragging matters and cut my hair soon. Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home