Saturday, January 22, 2005

Today was one of the dumbest days of my life. Well, actually, "today" started yesterday, when my mum fell sick. The following conversation then took place.

*contents are slightly abridged*

Mom: Wilfred, I'm sick, and your aunt is coming over from Hokkaido to visit. So you have to fetch her from the airport.
Wilfred: Ok. When?
M: Tomorrow.
W: WTF? You didn't even tell anyone!
M: Well I'm telling you now k?
W: okok. So what time?
M: She's coming at 3 in the morning.
W: *looks at clock*. That's in five hour's time. Brilliant.

So, I call a cab to come at 3am, and take a short nap. Upon reaching the Airport at 2.45am, and being utterly broke, I check the arrivals at terminal 2, and sit down to wait, thinkingthat I had the right flight.

3.00am: Sees plane landing on monitor.

3.15am: No aunt.

3.30am: Still no aunt.

3.35am: *Phone rings* Mum called.

M: Oei, what you doing so late at night?
W: Waiting for auntie la knn. She still haven't come yet leh. What happen ar?
M: You go so early for what?
W: You say she coming at 3 right? It's 3.37 now. The plane is down, I think. For the past half hour. And no sign of her.
M: Alamak. Her flight at 3 la dumbshit.
W: #*^)^%@*%!(&$(. So now I'm stuck at the airport with no feasible mode of transport back home till what, 9?
M: TOOBAD! Wahahahaha. *click*

And that was that. I was stranded at the Airport till 9, when my aunt came. However, I was scheduled to meet some friends in school at 8.30. So, with the knowledge that I was late, I gave her money to take a cab home, and rushed off to school.

Somehow, the bunch of us ended up at suntec. At this time, I was pretty much bummed out. At 4.30, Mok called. Natural response: Reject target call. at 5, Phone vibrates. And I remember that....

We were supposed to play basketball at 4 near Denys' house. Shit. So, I had no choice but to pass on basketball. This would, of course, make me feel even more tired, lethargic, and less conscious. So unconscious in fact, that I walked into a sliding door somewhere along the way home. Bleh.

Yup, its one of those days where nothing seems to be going right at first. Then when you think matters have calmed down, everything just screws up again. Like one of those multi-paper days during the O levels.

---

Man U vs Aston Villa tonight. Should be a mauling of Villa.

---

Gonna be staying at home to finish homework tomorrow. Blah.

---

The 4th season of American Idol has kicked off. It's kind of dismal so far. Nobody's outstandingly good or bad so far. Though the bragging was extremely over the top.

---

Apparently, we have some lit research to do. No idea how to go about it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home