Saturday, December 04, 2004

I feel so stupid, putting Alexander on my must-watch list.

I thought it would have stunning effects like Troy.

I thought it would'nt have alot of confusing names.

I thought it was cool, since it's m-18.

But noooooooooooooo.

Firstly, Colin Farrell looks admonishing with a blond mullet. I don't understand why. I think Oliver Stone wanted to follow the trend of putting good-looking guys into skirts and calling them historical figures.It was, however, somewhat fitting since he was gay, at least in the movie. I still think he looked better in phone booth though.

Secondly, the bloody story drags on FOREVER. literally. I was sitting in my chair waiting for the movie to finish after alexander got carried off on the shield. But the movie dragged on for like another....45 mins? It could be compared to LoTR in this aspect, except that LoTR was nice.

Thirdly, not enough action, dammit. There were a total of 2 action scenes in the movie, and they were badly done. And there was no fighting. Troy had Hector vs Achilles and Paris vs hairy old guy. This had.....people talking. I can't believe they tacked on an m-18 rating for ONE rape scene though. Maybe it's the homosexual thing.

Fourthly, confusing storylines. There were so many names I couldn't even bother to remember them. There was also a conflict over how many wives Alexander took in the end, even though I think it was 1 1/2, yes, there was a woman who looked like a man in the show, which carried no notable significance.

Fifth, there were so many unintentionally funny moments. The entire audience was literally laughing at the gay parts.

Alexander's best friend: Alexander, *insert gibberish about him being through alot*, yet you still strike me so.
* Roars of laughter *
You are all that I need.
* More laughter *.

And then there was the scene where this guy in a turban, who for some strange reason is called Darius, turns around, stone faced, to his army, and puts up a double V sign. I was laughing, although less people found it funny.

But nothing takes the cake away from one of the final scenes. Alexander's best friend was dying in bed due to poisoning, and Alexander told him to hang on. He proceeded to look out the window and talk about where they will conquer, how their children will play like they once did and take over their empire.

He turns back, and his friend is dead, either from poisoning or boredom.

Conclusion: don't watch this. It's not worth the 3 hrs of your life. It's not worth the effort if you sneek in. It's not worth the $6.50 or more you spend on it. Unless you REALLY like Colin Farrell, or butchered history, or are a hardcore fan of war movies, or are gay, or a girl drags you to watch it.

---

Badminton today. Pretty meh. Wasn't alert. Hence, every shot was a smack. Must learn to think a bit more. Not mugging makes the mind turn dull. Not to mention there were too many people around to really concentrate.

---

Took up more memory during these 2 days. Will look to finish it off tml while playing pool.

-Wilfred