Monday, November 29, 2004

Was pretty bored on saturday. So I dragged jo down to parkway. She wanted to cut her fringe, while I wanted to cut my hair. I go to the Malay barber, where the Friendly Neighbourhood Barbers promptly tell me to take a seat. So, while I wait, they proceed to make jokes in Malay, watch the Malay news, talk some more smack in Malay, and leave the shop, which left 2 guys left to attend to 5 people.

I walked out, and Jo had already finished cutting her fringe. Lol.

Did more driveless wandering, in which Jo went to Isetan and griped about how expensive the clothes were. I think the industry is ripping women off. They use less cloth for women's clothes, and yet they charge more. hmmm. She suggested getting me a piercing for my birthday. I refused, since I do prefer my earlobes vanilla. Maybe later, when I feel I need it.

Also, I bought shampoo, since the rest of my family can't be bothered to get me a bottle. Yellow herbal essence. mmm.

---

Went to bedok ntuc today to get food for chalet. whoo. I had to wait awhile upon getting there, which gave me a few minutes to admire the solid animal blood strewn about the floor near Giant supermarket, no doubt a hazard of shopping in a crowded wet market.

Shopping for a barbeque was like a lost joy, even if Wilbur stubbornly wanted to buy spoons, despite it being so diabolically obvious that they would not come into use. He also wilfully wanted to buy marshmallows, however Wenhao and I convinced him they would go to waste, and that what we had in trolley and basket was already enough. Wilbur only wanted to spend $100, and estimated that what we had only amounted to $80. I smiled when I saw his face as the total cost piled up to 3 digits. We never did get down to buying that liquor though. Which reminded me of that bottle of sake I still have at home :)

Hope the barbeque tomorrow dosen't fall flat on its face due to rain. If none of us anger the heavens and Renhao dosen't sing things should turn out fine.

And yes, my birthday is tomorrow. I will be aware.

---

Had a conversation with Clement about things people learn from TV. So far, here is what we have.

Friends
-- There are no black people in New York. At all.
-- You can be jobless for months at a time and still keep a nice apartment downtown.
-- If you strike out at romance, just prey on your female friends. They'll come around when the need for excitement dies down.

Star Trek
-- Red shirt = death.
-- In the future we've obtained utopia but we still haven't found a cure for male pattern baldness.
-- Apparently, surge protectors have gone out of style. Seatbelts as well.

Baywatch
-- Your life can only be saved by beautiful people. If you are drowing and you see an ugly person running towards you in a non-slow motion manner, kiss your ass goodbye.
-- But that's okay, because ugly people aren't allowed to be lifeguards.

24
-- It is perfectly acceptable to shoot your boss with a tranquilizer dart if you feel he's not telling you something.
-- It is also perfectly acceptable to chloroform your boss and stuff him in an out-of-the-way room if you think he's about to fire you.
-- People who have had their heart stop can easily perform swinging neckbreakers.
-- In times of stress, women have been known to control cougars.

---

The amazing race 6 started a couple weeks ago. Not bad, I must say. Does have the potential to be good, since the proverbial asshole of the show is probably an even bigger one than in the other seasons, and also because there are pro wrestlers taking part. That's kinda new, I guess.

---
My parents are offering me a chance to miss the Aussie trip, since I will be collecting the P.A.E results. Should I?

---

Wilbur suggested changing the music on my blog to the tune of myself singing. Should I?

---

My dad lent me his digicam to bring to chalet. Should I?

-Wilfred, full of indecision

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home