Saturday, January 29, 2005

College roadrace yesterday. Ho-hum. Walked a bit, ran a bit. Boring. Pretty much walked the first 1km with Zheng Cai, next 500m with Roy, another 500m with Daniel, ran abit with Roy, then just continued while he stopped for water. Was also cos Azlyn suddenly ran up behind me and said something. Didn't hear properly, but got the message that I probably shouldn't be slacking that much. But it was pretty dusty, and the road condition was pretty bad. Of course, everyone's shoes were a few shades lighter after that. Of course, Andrew was the first to clean his shoes and start whining. Was supposed to hit town later on, but due to collective pangseh-ing, we ended up going out separate ways.

On a side note, in a bid to finish last, Loko walked with 5cm steps. Upon realizing that she wasn't last, she proceeded to walk 5m back and forth for a good 10 minutes 200m away from the finish line, and went on a photo-taking binge. All in a VS shirt. No idea if it's good or bad.

Did some VS cheers at the end. Felt really good. I still love VS. Different from the way I love MJ though. I do MJ cheers because I want to be enthu. I do VS cheers because I love VS. Even if the tk girls claimed they couldn't hear us, and that their cheer was louder. Later on....

Kim(temasek girl): You VS people cheer for what ar?
Me: For fun lor. TK cheer oso what.
Azlyn: Yalo. Your VS cheer so soft. Our cheer better la.
Kim: TK got cheer ar?

Muahahaha.

---

Choir this morning. As I went out, my mother asked me why I was bringing so much stuff. I said actually very little one la.

Later on...

*on train*

Me: Shit, forget to bring score.

So, I ran back home to take my scores, and came about 35 mins late. Hope the fining system dosen't haunt me. Shit. As it turns out, I wasn't even the latest, since some seniors came even later, Rui Hong came 5 mins later, and Roy came at 9.50. Oh ho ho.

Went for lunch with the choir after that. They're a pretty cool bunch, actually. Other ccas with 20+ people talk loudly at fast food outlets. But nooooo, the choir sings loudly. =) And of all things they started singing Phantom songs. Worst part is....

I think I like it.

---

First basketball game in a while. Really good to see VS people again. And good to play a casual game of basketball. Denys, Marcus, Charlton, Daryl Lim Yun and (of course) t-Mok showed up. Amazingly, Mok, er, i mean t-Mok, was actually wearing a shirt with sleeves, which isn't very common where basketball is concert. He was in slippers too. No big basketball shoes. No armband. No legband. No headband. To make things worse, no shoebag to hug. So, t-Mok wasn't having a very good basketball day. Still fun though.

Today I realized how important basketball is to me, even if I'm not very good at it. It is so much more than tossing the ball into the hoop. It is a social game. It is a game where people congregrate and have fun. Through basketball, I have made many friends of people who I previously didn't know, or had a bad impression of. (i.e Lim Yun, Daryl Yeo. Rock on.) When we play basketball, something stupid is almost always bound to happen. It is on the basketball court where some of the funniest incidents in my VS life happened. Like when Xiwei got a mouthful of Andrew's armpit hair. Or when Mok started pointing to the sky for no apparent reason. I feel a rush of blood in my veins when I touch a basketball, so much so that I end up doing stupid things like spiking the ball for no reason. I feel joy creep into my head when my team scores a point. I feel a bout of exhilaration when I score, when I get a rebound, or reject a shot(which dosen't happen very often). I get stitches when something stupid happens. For example, me causing injuries to myself needlessly, or when Denys tries to act tough and overpower Marcus. These khakis of mine are friends of mine. Every single one of them. It's not just a game. With such a simple concept, so many emotions and incidents are provoked. It's incredible. Girls go shopping; Us khakis get the same feeling when we play basketball. Just ask Andrew, who elbowed me in the head just now. Even though it did hurt like hell, I just found it hilarious for some reason. Which was followed by:

Andrew: you ok not?
Me: Ya ok.
Andrew: *raises 2 fingers* How many fingers?
Me: Five.
Marcus: Cannot count nevermind! Can sing enough liao!
Denys: Ok lets continue!

Oh, and Lim Yun's random shouting is hilarious.

Ah. I don't know what I'd do without basketball and my khakis.

---

Someone said something to me today. It wasn't particularly misleading or intimidating, but I didn't know how to reply. It's just that I'm not used to it. I'm afraid of taking the wrong step which could cost me. I refuse to get any ideas right now. I'll just turn my head until something becomes painfully obvious. Yea, bo chup. Nothing's probably gonna happen though. Just the way I like it. I'm a very reactive person. ^____^