Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Yesterday was teacher's day cum be yourself day celebration, and probably the greatest manifestation of 4H brand class spirit ever seen. Every just seemed pretty gung-ho about it. We sang the national anthem really loud. Mason was cringing in front of me. I was cringing in front of Daniel. The atmosphere was just really great. I can only describe it as "4H united".

I got booed when I walked into school. That is, until I changed into my clothes. A long sleeved shirt, brown pants and a hippie-ish headband. Then Xi-wei helped me spray my hair blue and golden. He did quite a bad job of it actually.I was quite happy with my look until Ms Tang came in asking if she could help do somebody's hair.

Oh no.

I got pushed into the chair. Immediately, she started ruffling my hair like she was some pro hairstylist. At this point of time, I am reminded of english oral. Actually, all she did was ruffle my hair with gel. I have no idea how my hair really looked. It just felt like a field of barbed wire.

"Noooooo, my beautiful, soft hair....."

After that, Daniel, Mason & Bertrand got the same treatment. Fortuneately for them, their hair was of the stubborn breed. Lucky bastards. I asked Xi-Wei to spray my hair again, since Ms Tang had somehow managed to get it off while gelling it. While he was spraying the front blue, I felt another cooling sensation on the back of my head.

"Eh Zul, dun spray so close lar. We're running out of blonde oso."

Oh shit.

So the bell rang, and we went to the hall. The celebration was mostly jamming by most of the students, some good, some not so good. Den there some presentations, skits, random games and stuff. The one where the teachers started acting like superheroes was quite funny, in its own strange victorian way. There was also a film called "physics is phun" by the sec3s. Not bad. Den F4 from 4H- consisting of Nicholas "Vaness" Ong, Ng "Zai Zai" Chee Kian, Bryan "Ken Chu" Tan, and Wong "last guy" Renhao sang Longest time, a song repeated over and over again on a recent episode of Singapore Idol. The performance was thankfully saved by Pro pen-spinner, mat hater and guitarist Zi Xiang. Oh, Srini did a calafare too.

Somehow, I got chosen as one of the best dressed people around. Strange. Somehow, the teachers didn't see Denys, John and Mervyn, who spent good money on Matrix suits. Heh. Won some notepads of different newspapers.

---

Went back to Ngee Ann after that. Wasn't thinking of going back till I saw rachel on the bus. Den I tot I would go since I wouldn't be the only one. So few Sec4s go back. Only 6 from the old 6/1 were there- Rachel, Vernie, Angela, CK, Sueann and myself. Talked crap for about 1hr den went to "accost" the teachers. Apparently Mrs Liew(my old form teacher) is pretty peeved at the fact that Patrick(top scorer in my batch) didn't visit at all for 4 yrs, calling him an "ingrate" among other things. Vernie was also kinda pissed that there were quite a few people who didn't recognize her. Heh. Almost everyone recognized me tho. Wahaha. Even mr lim, who knew me as "the boy I scolded in Perth". After a while everyone had to leave so Sueann and I went to parkway to talk some more nonsense. Talk until 3.45.

---

When I got back, I realized it. Yesterday was the last time I spent a teacher's day in VS. The last time I would hear Mr. Wong sing. The last time I would visit Ngee Ann. After today....nothing. I'll be remembering this day for a long, long time.

Wilfred. Wondering about the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home