Thursday, June 24, 2004

Okay. I'll talk about Japan now.

Sat night
Touched down at Tokyo airport. Den had to take another flight to get to Okinawa, where my grandparents are(a fact that is relatively unknown). Got there at night. When i got to the house I was like O_O... their house so huge. I was pretty freaked when I saw 2 80-year-olds dashing(read:actually running) to meet us too. Heh. Met the rest of the family too. Other than my grandparents, there's my granduncle & grandaunt, their children and grandchildren. Distant relatives, but still relatives. My cousins are pretty cool... and hot too. Best part is, they can actually speak english instead of "engrish". Asked me to all them Stella(19), Kelly(15) and Tyson(17)(wth?), which of course isn't their real names. It's during the course of the day that I realize how crazy japs can get. They have everything. Not in a rich kind of way, but they seem to have 10000001 interests. Violent comics, anime dvds, multiple gaming consoles, they have it all. I was pretty shocked when I saw a linkin park cd too. Apparently, their parents have an Elvis record. Anyway, played winning 11 with them that night. Got trashed. Lost 5-2, 6-0, and 3-1 against each of them. Losing to girls in videogames is bad. We talked alot of nonsense too. They seem to have a better sense of humour than I. Hmmm.

Sunday
I woke up at 6am. Went toilet. Remember when I said the house was huge? I couldn't find my way back. Well, it was actually my own lack of sense of direction, but still. Got a tour of Okinawa. Pretty cool, relaxed place. Looks like it anyway. Dinner was like a banquet. Tons of food...ecspecially sushi. After tasting homemade sushi, I conclude that sushi will join my list of top tier food along with carrot cake, watermelons and white chocs. Heh. Abit sick of it now tho. Went to the night market...it's pretty much a pasar malam. Nothing special. I played need for speed underground with them...and got my butt kicked again. getting overlapped isn't a good feeling. Also watched the Euro matches with them.

Monday
Today was stella's 19th birthday. The house was very crowded. It didn't help that Her parents had to announce my family's presence, in japanese nonetheless. Somehow I just understood it. Ultimate malu. So I spent the day socializing around and getting to know her friends. Pretty uneventful in terms of interesting incidents. One incident involved me speaking to a small kid, whom I believe was the younger brother of one of her friends.

Kid: Koni'chiwa!(good day!)
Me: Koni'chiwa!
Kid: *something too fast for me to catch*
Me: Eh? Bokura Nigongo ga hanashite janai( I don't speak Japanese)
Kid: *laughs* Omaiwa Baka(you're an idiot)! *runs off*
Me: -_-"

Also watched Euro matches. Tyson was more interested in the France match, but Stella kept using her status as birthday girl to switch to the England match. Heh.

Tuesday
Last day. My grandparents made the whole family sit around and chat for almost the entire day. Didn't catch anything interesting. Oh well.

---

That's pretty much it. Got a chem test later. Fail le.

-Wilfred, who can't make a good cup of coffee