Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Be Yourself Day celebration at MJ was kind of weird. I mean who has a GP test on teacher's day? I'm thinking practically nobody took it seriously. At least I know I didn't. You know you're not concentrating when you're whistling happy tunes while you write. At least nobody noticed, or there would be a further argument about me being weird, apart from smiling to myself randomly and making off-tangent remarks.

There were many bands performing at the concert. While these bands all had different names, they were, in fact, the same people. It looked absolutely stupid when the MCs introduced a new band and all that happened was one person walking in and taking the guitar from another. This would of course, pale in comparison to what happened the next day, but more on that later.

Everyone went crazy. I was pretty much speechless as most of the girls decided to dress like the ideal dolls of a five-year-old, or a seventeen-year-old males's worst nightmare. Oh well, better them than me, I guess.

---

There were too many things going on at VS, so I shall make random notes.

1) Even though it was teacher's day, none of the classrooms had teachers in it. This could have been because...

2) People were throwing stuff up and down. Yep, water bombs. Heck, some of them even got impatient and just dumped the pails of water from the 4th to the 2nd floor. I think I saw a couple of chairs flying around too, some upwards in fact.

3) One of the sec 3 classes bought a bikini for their teacher and told her to change into it in class. How she managed to get out of that corner, I won't know.

4) Ronin performed as the first item. He massacred the Victorian Anthem, cursed APC over the co-ed thing, and spoilt a microphone stand on the way. It nearly turned into his own concert, had the PA system not cut him off after about 15 minutes of non-stop "music", even if it was mostly screaming, and even then he continued on for a while. Of course, guai sec 1 and 2 boys didn't know what was going on so they didn't help the atmosphere much.

5) Also because of Ronin, the rest of the people performing seemed like crap. And it didn't help that everyone decided to try and be a rock band. I mean, it's teacher's day, not show off day, fools. Slops go to the sec 1 boys who tried to be simple plan.

6) Half the teachers evacuated to the relative peace and quiet of the staff room, leading to many an empty seat, which were later filled by opportunistic old boys.

7) PM chua actually showed up, albeit minus the limousine.

---

It really sucks to see a friend on her deathbed, and not being able to do a thing about it. I swear if I had tear glands I would be crying.

---

Perhaps I really messed up this time. I'll just pretend I have better things to worry about. Maybe when I look back everything will be gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home