Monday, August 08, 2005

National day celebrations today were, infact, the celebrative equivalent of me handing up a competent piece of work. It dosen't help that I stopped paying attention halfway and promptly screwed up half the dance moves and lagged on the other half. Choir is so anticlimax la. Even the ICS and MCS put up better performances. I might sound like I'm discriminating, but if you were from VS, you'd understand what I mean.

---

Since the impending disaster known as Hurricane Promos is coming, it looks like I have to actually start studying for it, seeing as how I'm not as smart as my VJC coutnerparts despite "not being a dumbass" as Mr Chua says. I don't want to be having to prepare for Earthquake Esther. And I don't mean studying as in a few hours a day. That don't cut it no more. Now studying to me should be what online gaming is to Koreans or what soccer is to Englishmen or Cricket to Indians or Talking crap to Andrew.

---

A101, or part of it, went to eat lunch today. Finally, a class outing. It does however still feel somewhat disjointed. I guess it stems from the fact that people can't stand to have friends not from the same (green) secondary school or speaking the same (scrawly, largely popluar Asian) language or having the same religion(not so much) so much that it becomes almost constipatingly excruciating to converse with people outside that social circle publically on a personal level. It's their loss I guess, if they're going to be stuck in their own little everything is wonderful world then good for them I guess, ignorance is bliss anyway and besides, if they only trust and can be trusted by a certain group of people while exploiting everyone else(happens more than you'd like to think), it's probably good advice to stay far far away from them. The way Superman stays away from kryptonite. I like having a variety of friends, I mean how often do you see a KC girl with half a brain or a christian that dosen't preach and isn't buggering you to go to church half the time?

Unity can be formed from diversity, but when contact dosen't even occur half the time, things just don't turn out the way they should.

---

Some people just piss me off so much, I feel like beating them with a baseball bat in the name of population control, to death and then to a squishy pink pulp that the Nickelodeon staff could use in their kid's shows. It dosen't help that you've known him/her/probably it for a prolonged period in the part and meet them again, only to realize that everything you found irksome about them has been magnified ten times and anything that could be remotely considered nice has been more or less eradicated from the empty carcass pretending to be a body with a soul.

---

My feet are firmly on the ground. But I think I'm sinking further down. Not long before I get swallowed or wake up from the nightmare. I hope.