Sunday, August 21, 2005

I guess it's time for me to start talking. The argument for turning VS co-ed is to stop a downward spiral that has been plagueing VS for the past 5 years. Well, firstly, downward spiral my yellow ass. We just jumped from band 3 to band 1 with the best results in a decade, and APC dares to declare a downward spiral? A year back would have been acceptable. But to declare it now is, for the lack of any better word, mortifying. Sure, reward a batch of excellent students with an announcement that 129 years of VS tradition is about to be subverted. Secondly, The VS spirit has not changed over these 5 years. The teaching staff has not changed much, heck, even the photocopy shop man and the uniform hasn't changed. The only thing that's changed is the Principal. Before that VS was still on the rise. And APC DARES to blame us for the downward spiral? If this goes through, APC's head is going to be on the top of many a Victorian's shopping list.

On a side note, for anyone from girl's schools, think about this. If VS starts taking the high-quality girls as planned, the law of excludability kicks in, meaning that less quality girls are going to girl's schools, which also means that girl's schools are going to start going down too. And WHEN this happens, two things can happen. Either the school continues on its downward spiral, or it tries to turn co-ed too. So, everything will remain fine and dandy if VS stays single sex, which is also why you should sign the petition at http://www.vsunited.tk . Well, that's if you don't want to be turned into screaming mimis in the future anyway.

It's pretty damn romantic when you log into MSN and see a whole horde of [son of Victoria] down your contact list.

---

MJC is not a good place to study.

I went to library to hopefully get some work done for my GP essay. So I go up and upon seeing empty rows of seats, feel happy. So I happily walk to a corner seat and do my work. And who should come to the library but Jeremy Lua. So he comes and starts talking. In a while, we are joined by SamSoong, who has come to beg Jeremy to use his library card to borrow a book after he lost a library book a borrowed previously.

While all this happened, I finished a grand total of half a paragraph.

Right.

Half a freaking paragraph.

---

Because of the earlier episode, I had to stay up all night on thursday to finish 2 assignments and a presentation, without yet thinking about what PW has in store for me. I think I have to spend about one day a week on nonsense like this if I don't drop a subject or something soon. Not that I mind of course. Makes me feel empowered.

The presentation went pretty okay though, thankfully enough.

And as it turns out, the body can endure it once in a while. I have eyebags though. Not isabel-heavy eyebags, but still enough to get me worried.

---

I think the stress is getting to everyone. People are starting to show signs of behaviour that completely look out of character. When I turn hardworking, something is definitely wrong. When the guai-est girl in class nearly said the 'f-word' out loud, something is wrong. It's almost like school is driving everyone crazy. Heck I even played along with the girls to do crazystuff during econs class in such a manner miss poh is disappointed in me. Probably.

Which is also why Chinese becomes more bearable, since it pretty much allows us to switch off completely and enjoyed a period of unsanitised, unadulterated oriental fun. I realised Mr Liang would love to practice monogamy. He even showed us a dvd on the last chinese lesson. Maybe the stress is getting to him too. I wouldn't blame him, teaching a bunch of retards isn't easy.

---

It's strange sometimes, how people just come and go in your life. One time, you can be a person's best friend, a chummy chummy, a mate. The next moment, you just go back to being strangers. Sometimes it can be mended, but sometimes, when something irrevocable happens, resulting a broken, unrepairable machine, a stopped clock, a pimple that never goes away. Sometimes we get a second chance, an eraser to rub the mistake away. But sometimes it just doesn't come.

I tried to forget about it and go on. But every so often, I flip back to the page and see the mistakes, the chapter that should have been rewritten. And I agonize. I guess I can't take this bookmark out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home