Monday, February 28, 2005

Guess what people! I can't sleep. This has less to do with the fact that O level results are coming out in 12 hours than the fact that I took a nap earlier and just woke up messy-haired, sinus-infected and neck creaking.

---

No idea if there are going to be lessons later. If there are, I am running far far away and not coming back to MJC. Ever. Or at least till I get my O level cert that says 18 points, leaving me with no choice but to stay.

Besides, I'm going to school empty handed.

*glances at stuff*

Okay, maybe I'll bring a paper bag or something. I need to bring my wallet,handphone, mp3 player, house key(in case I come home late at night after celebrating), A pen(backup weapon in case....), knives(get confiscated), tissue(for all the crying people) and PERHAPS my camera. No way all that is fitting into the pockets of my white VS pants unless my pockets stretch to my knee. Not to mention I wanna keep my O level cert in recognizable condition.

---

To 05A104: It's been great, guys. Though I may not show it sometimes, I've had lots of fun with the class. Every single one of you have been amazing. I'll miss all of you when we go our separate ways. I'm not really good at goodbyes so I'll just keep this short.

...

Okay, screw the short part. Since it seems like the fashionable thing to do, here's a song for all of you. I might be gone after today so don't miss me too much.

Another red letter day,
So the pound has dropped and the children are creating,
The other half ran away,
Taking all the cash and leaving you with the lumber,
Got a pain in the chest,
Doctors on strike what you need is a rest
It's not easy love,
but you've got friends you can trust,

Friends will be friends,
When you're in need of love they give you care and attention,
Friends will be friends,
When you're through with life and all hope is lost,
Hold out your hand cos friends will be friends right till the end

Now it's a beautiful day,
The postman delivered a letter from your lover,
Only a phone call away,
You tried to track him down but somebody stole his number,
As a matter of fact, You're getting used to life without him in your way
It's so easy now,
cos you got friends you can trust,

Friends will be friends,
When you're in need of love they give you care and attention,
Friends will be friends,
When you're through with life and all hope is lost,
Hold out your hand cos friends will be friends (right till the end)

Courtesy of Queen. And Denys, I know you're grinning stupidly behind that computer screen, so wipe that smug look of your face.

---

I really wanna post another set of lyrics, but I shall refrain from now since I'm not really on the same plane of mood with the song. Maybe tomorrow, once I get the shit scolded out of me by everyone, no matter how I end up doing.

---

Now that I think about it, I haven't done anything of significance with my life as of yet. Makes me feel small in a world full of overachievers. As much as I can't really be bothered, I am bothered by the fact that my life has been meaningless for over 16 years. I guess the night just makes you think like that sometimes.

---

I saw a 5 year old busker yesterday. *grins* Cuteness.

---

You know, there are some things that you just want to happen to you, but just dosen't happen till you least expect it, or never happens at all.

Right now, I want to:

1. Have a train ride disrupted in an exciting way(Well this I don't know)
2. Be clear about my feelings(Probably the only thing that confuses me right now)
3. Get dumped into the ecopond(hope nobody reads this)
4. Break a bone(since I haven't had it happen to me before)
5. Talk with someone on msn(nobody interesting is ever online at this time, dammit)

---

A piece of news!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/17/bomb_making_classes/

A 42-year-old Orlando teacher was cuffed on Monday after instructing students in bomb-making techniques. David Pieski allegedly "used an overhead projector in class to give students detailed instructions in bomb-making, including advising them to use an electric detonator to stay clear from the blast", the Orlando Sentinel reports.

One of his trainees subsequently detonated a device on a local golf course, and videotaped the blast for later approval by Pieski. The teacher is reported to have described the explosion as "cool". A month later, police were called to a house near the golf course after an acid bomb alert. One youngster at the scene told officers that "Pieski showed students in class how to make the explosive device". His mother added that he had told her the bomb was a school chemistry project.

On 8 February, the authorities decided to pay Pieski a visit at work. He admitted that he had "detonated chemicals in a coffee can by a ball field four times for his students", claiming it was an experiment to "show a reaction rate". He then showed investigators a can of black powder and an electric detonator he used to set off the devices. Police examined a book marked "Demo" containing "information, including the chemical breakdown, about an explosive known to be used by suicide bombers in the Middle East" - described in the arrest report as "one of the explosives of choice for foreign terrorists" and "extremely unstable yet easy to produce".

The school confirmed that they had told Pieski he could not store explosives on site. Pieski was last week reassigned to a desk job in the school district area Superintendent's office pending the outcome of an internal investigation. He is currently on $1,000 bail following a short visit to the Orange County Jail on Monday. He faces a charge of "possession or discharging of a destructive device and culpable negligence".

As good as Wong Liang Seng was, I wish I had more teachers like that.

---

Hmmm. Was this a long post? It sure looks like it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]OCHrwHTPgSKahMYn[/url] , IuMcwFDRVjBhPm , http://pyfnknfrtw.com

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home