Wednesday, December 29, 2004

It's strange how deceiving voices can be. Take an incident when I called Lim Yun's house a while back.

Girl: Hello?
Me: May I speak to Lim Yun?
Girl: Hold on please.

Her voice sounded quite pleasant, to be honest.

Me(to Daryl): Lim Yun's sister chio ar?
Daryl: *laughs*

---

And yesterday morning.

I set aside yesterday to clean my room and pack my stuff for the new year. I woke up at 10. At 10.30, I looked at the mess that was my room, took a deep breath, and....

the phone rang.

Me: Hello?
Handsome man's voice(HMV): Wilfred ar?
Me: ya. Who's this.
HMV: Andrew la.

See what I mean?

---

Anyway, Andrew and Xi-wei convinced me to go watch Kung Fu Hustel(as andrew pronounces it) with them and Samuel. Before that we ate Yuki Yaki. What can I say. It was fun. Andrew refused to let me do the cooking though, after a previous episode at seoul garden.

Also, I got my $150 for good progress award(or GPA). I'll just let it rot in the bank though.

Speaking of GPA, I was telling Jeremy Leck(who narrowly missed an MVP spot) about GPA. His first reply was " What GPA? Gary payton shoes ar?" (Only basketball fans would understand).

---

Two movie reviews.

Kung Fu hustle : 10 times better than Alexander. It was pretty funny. Even the premise and context of the movie is funny. For some reason, watching men in black suits dance with axes is funny. Either that or I haven't been seeing too many chinese shows. Nontheless I found it hilarious. Some parts of the movie were golden. Like the 3 knives part, which resulted in Stephen Chow's lips resembling stuffed crust pizzas. Also, it was funny seeing a buddha-esque cloud form in the sky. I wish stuff like that happened in real life. All in all, a pretty good movie. Should take priority over most other movies at this time.

Phantom of the Opera : Saw this today. Well, if nothing else, it's a breath of fresh air. You don't see a lot of musicals in cinemas nowadays. Despite a lack of plot, the setting and props were pretty well done, and the music wasnt bad. There were some parts where I just wasn't paying attention though, when the plot became even more stale, or when the song just wasn't nice. It was kinda funny to see 2 guys singing, but with one trying to kill the other. I did kind of enjoy it however, despite its obvious faults. It's not something you can compare any movie to.

It's strange how the 2 best movies I saw during the holidays featured pretty much nobodies, while a show with 12 superstars turns out to be a dud.

---

Sorry for making fun of you Emma. =(

---

Soccer commentary : I like watching exciting matches, even though I'm a Villa fan. I don't just watch the matches of clubs I support, like a girl who only watches Man U matches for Ronaldo. I would put a hyperlink here, but I'm lazy to.

After half a season, Chelsea stand at the top of the table. Man U won 7 of their 8 matches and look to catch up, but you know and I know that they won't. They got lucky against Aston Villa, which gave United a game even with a squad ravaged by injuries. Villa are now tenth in the table after four successive losses.

Exciting Sides: Villa, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, Crystal Palace, Blackburn, Newcastle. If you like graceful, attcking football, watch these sides. Not to mention they have some handsome players Not like Ronaldo.

Boring Teams: Chelsea(you know their gonna win anyway), Man U, Everton, Charlton, Southampton, West Brom(you know their gonna lose anyway). Watch mathes from these teams when you have insomnia. And you'll sleep like a baby. That's right, you'll wake up every two hours as you dream of watching their matches. Avoid these like the plague unless they play with an exciting team.

---

Essentials like Food and clothes are being collected at 19 Delhousie Lane, just behind Tekka Mall, which I have no idea how to get to, for the Sri Lankan victims.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home