Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Well, I'm back from Hongkong. Pretty fun, but not after you come back with swollen,cracked lips and multiple ulcers in your mouth.

Of course, what's a trip without a prelude? Let me say that despite a stupid name like Krisworld, in-flight entertainment is actually less horrible than I imagined it to be. Randomly good movies and episodes of relatively good shows? Oh yes.

When I say "relatively", however, I'm referring to the quality of Hong Kong television, which makes me glad I have small eyes so I can close them more easily. When every other female lead looks like an animal out of a Steve Irwin show and the hot ones get as much airtime as George Michael gets women it just makes me wonder what the media thinks.

There was an Indian family on the same plane to Hong Kong. These people actually looked relatively friendly - Parents, Children, grandfather. Like any family with an infant, it had, well, a bawling infant. Except that, well, she sounded less like a bawling infant and more like a demon who craves for human ears. For someone with a 2-word vocabulary, she could really talk, wearing those words thinner than a teacher's patience. To make things worse, she was on the same bus to the hotel, and on the plane back. People like that render headphones meaningless. With babies like her, no wonder people don't like giving birth anymore.

Somehow, I see the makings of a debator in her.

Anyway, the trip itself wasn't that bad, since hongkong is mostly eating and shopping, can't really go wrong there. Except that the hotel room might as well have been a janitor's closet. The wax museum was a ripoff though ; Other than a few entertaining photos of, among other things, my foot in David Beckham's crotch and my finger up Jay Chou's nose, there wasn't really much else to look at.

On a pleasant note, communication wasn't really all that difficult ; Most of them knew Chinese or English. And speaking in the Hong Kong accent was actually pretty fun when you do it with a straight face and try not to laugh in the face of the guy you're bargaining with.

And that's basically Hong Kong for you. Pretty enjoyable, but also very easy to hate.

---

The other prelude to the trip was the party at John's, where I came within an inch of puking into, of all things, an action city plastic bag. Andrew fared much worse than me ; turning red like an overcooked crab, thus making the word "cock" on his shirt more appropriate than it should ever have been. That Denys can't hold his liquor without diluting it to the brim with Coke goes awkwardly well with his lack of leg hair(KEKEKE). And Xi Wei has a new girlfriend who lives 3 Doors Down(OMG PUN) from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home