Thursday, September 28, 2006


I don't mean to brag, but a B in math is something to write home about, seeing as how it's been a while since I've passed anything math-related.

That being said, I don't feel like I've done anything to deserve this grade in any respect ; Not only did I just hit the mark, everything I didn't study for pulled a disappearing act on exam day, and my progressive preparation consisted of lazing around thinking "I'll do it later" to lazing around thinking "It's too late to do anything about it", which can only mean god, Jesus, Allah, Shiva, Vishnu, Thor, the Monkey God, Odin, Superman, Mike Shinoda, the Iron Chefs and that guy who sang "Karma Chameleon" were pushing me in the improper direction of a decent grade.
And even with their combined strength, I still only managed a B. It's time to go look for more celestial beings, cosmic entities and lucky charms.

However, if the theory of people only having a given amount of luck throughout their lives is true, then my situation would be similar to that of Wil E. Coyote of Road Runner infamy ; Always chasing, never catching, but also never failing to end up flat-faced.

Coming soon : Wilfred's first foray into LT5! Or, how Wilfred went back to failing maths.

---

An issue that has been popping up in numbers recently is that of people feeling hard done by, accused, insecure, suppressed and arrowed. I understand that the 5 terms used have 5 different connotations, but they all stem from the same cause.

The current trend in reading now seems to lean towards self-helps books. You've probably seen a ton of these by now. They're the books with intelligent-looking people on the backs. Now, the reason these people are able to earn/fraud money is simply because of their ability to appeal to the masses ; That is, the "help" that they offer applies not only to one person, but to thousands, and maybe more.

So, why does a book that is theoretically filled with generic comments become popular? The answer is because no matter what people say about everyone being different, their own unique little snowflake(yes I know that I have mentioned this before, cut me some slack here) or weird in their own way, there is always a certain amount of genericness/genericity/generite within everyone ; That means that when it all boils down to nothing, everyone is as alike with one another as they are different. There is a theory about everyone being born the same, and evolving into the different beings that are the components of society due to social conditioning and family development, among other factors.

How often have you read a piece of advice from a random person and went "That is so true!", "Me too!" or "Wilfred is my new god!" ? You probably have at one point or another, even if the person quoted is sitting on a deck chair under a yellow umbrella sipping a cold drink on the warm beaches of hell. This, again, is due to the speck of homogenity that exists within all of us. Even if time and space separates us, the amazing part is that such gems of advice can still be relevant in today's context, which again suggests that through our lives there is still a part of us that remains the same as everyone else no matter how far away or nong....I mean long ago. That being said, the biggest difference is in how much this homogenous tumour within all of us is allowed to grow ; Some allow it to grow so they can do stupid things like play the social game and "fit in" and some keep it small so they can maintain their uniqueness, but it's never cut off completely.

Which means that much like everything else is life, there is no stark constrast or uncanny resembelance, rather, it's a huge grey area. And we all know that treading the grey area is dangerous. Don't believe me? Go jump in a bucket of wet cement.

That being said, if anyone feels that any of my posts were specifically targeted at them, do me a favour and stop being so self-absorbed. I'm not spending half an hour writing content based on ONE lousy person. The bad advice on this blog is meant for everyone.

---

On a side note, skipping school is pretty fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home