Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ah, yes, double paper days. It's amazing how two papers can behave so differently and still leave me with an incredibly mediocre number of marks.

I locked eyes with Maths. It didn't like me. In fact, it pushed me to the ground, kicked sand in my eye, poured acid down my throat, made me listen to bad Mariah Carey songs over and over again, broke my legs so I wouldn't be able to get away and stomped on my writhing carcass for added effect while taking some 90 marks away from me. None of this is a lie; I think I really did lose 90 marks this time. That being said, I don't mind banishment to the container classrooms.

The good thing about that, though, was that I can now spot whatever's going to come out for paper 2 and promptly get it wrong. DE and Numerical methods are almost a shoo-in; I suspect that somewhere down the line us innocent students will have to do dubious things like integration by parts, vectors by sectors, absurd surds, running from the Indianapolis police, hocus pocus, gotta focus, or you'll draw the wrong locus.

Lit, on the other hand, traded the brutality of maths with complete desertion. It went of to do great things like pilgrimages to faraway lands, open up North Korea and co-star with Jessica Alba on a bad autumn flick that still wins an Oscar because the only other Nominee was Snakes on a Plane. As a result, my answers were a little confused, half-baked, somewhat disorganised and totally irrelevant.

This is where I go "ooooohhhh shit".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home