Monday, September 25, 2006

So, as it turns out, school has to start again today, and as apathetic as I feel I am going have to work given my embarassingly bad lit, oddly terrible maths and shameful econs state of affairs. I would mention GP, but when I finished whining about it and looked up I'd be looking at an audience of skeletons.

Which is why I really don't want my results back, partly because I roughly know the outcome already, and also because it means I now have an actual reason to study. With the fact that Jonathan Leong doesn't suck nearly as much as the trainwreck that calls itself Sylvester Sim, that's two things that have changed over the past couple of years.

On the bright side of the morbid state of affairs, it's only for a week, which means only one week of Violet jumping down my throat, grabbing me by the scruff of the neck, holding me a gunpoint with a super soaker, leaving pig's heads on my door, sending in death notes signed with blood through the mail and threatening me with unlimited episodes of Care Bears to give her an essay once every two days like the teacher by day and serial killer by night that I wouldn't rule her out of. She'd probably make a better Elektra then Jennifer Garner and then some.

---

Sometimes I wonder what people come here for. There are people who come here for random advice. Some come to see what goes on in the beehive that is Wilfred's mind, only to realize that all the bees are slacking off, and some come to read bad jokes and worse reference to pop culture. Now, it would be hard to promise both and continously provide them, given both the indiscretions that might occur and the difficulty to provide good advice and try to be funny at the same time. Today, however, I am not here to make any jokes, so feel free to access your search engine of choice and search for short videos and articles of clothing regarding "iPoop".

For those who haven't gotten it yet, "iPoop" is a pun on "iPod".

For those who didn't realise there was supposed to be a joke at press time, thank you.

Having walked under a ladder, crossed the path of a black cat, broken a mirror and listened to Mandy Moore songs en route to going out, there was no way I was going to enjoy good luck ; Hence I was unlucky enough to see someone wearing a shirt with aforementioned bad pun on it. Ever since, every time I thought back on it my ire of it has grown ; Not really so much because it was so excruciatingly mind-numbingly stupid and senseless, but because there were equally dumb people(as the one wearing the shirt, of course, not me) who actually thought the shirt was funny.

As much as I would like to take time to rail at things like horrendous and altogether shameful dress sense, one has to realise at some point of time that such things, much like poverty, pollution, football scandals and the stupidity of famous people, can never really be stopped, but just remain dormant and unannounced for some time before reemerging, like a butterfly from a coccoon, a caveman from his secret hiding place or a legendary sleeping Pokemon.

The point here is, multiple people can be doing the same thing, but they do it for different reasons. When students do homework, there are people who do it because it's supposed to make you better at what you do, that is, study. There are people who do it because it's fun. These include people who like maths, nerds, China scholars, mental patients and retarded foxes. That being said, "stealthy as a retarded fox" is not the same compliment as "stealthy as a fox." Then there are those who do it so they can shut their teachers up.

What this implicitly means is that no matter what people are doing, it isn't always a true reflection of their inner selves. Much like people in Marvel Comics never know when they're near a mutant, you're almost never going to know just how much you can trust any given person. And the deeper you sink into a contrasting delusion, the more idiotic you're going to feel when it turns around and smacks you in the face. This would, obviously, be intensely frustrating and at times infuriating, and quite frankly it pisses me off when people are obviously doing things to attract attention and the like, and it's even more stupendous that there are people stupid enough to fall for it and happily play along.

Trust is an issue most easily abused, due to the fact that sometimes the synergy between the mind and the body is unceremoniously broken. And you'd wonder why I hesitate to trust people with certain things all the time. Since all people can be trusted with some things,some people can't be trusted with anything and nobody can be trusted with everything, there is need to be careful where you place your trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home