Sunday, June 12, 2005

Guess what the last few days have been sent doing!

If you guessed "absolutely nothing", you are absolutely correct!

Actually, no. In my boredom, I headed down to Starbucks @ Jalan Jamal(for those who don't know, near siglap centre, beside gelare) and was pleasantly surprised to find a quiet study environment. So I sat there and intended to study for a few good hours. Even if I did spend a few hours there, half of it was spent surveying the surroundings, half of the remaining half getting distracted by random things, so all in all I spent less than 1 hour actually studying. Also, Even though I brought my Maths TYS and worksheets to do, I forgot to bring my calculator. How smart am I?

---

Two weeks left. With the amount of studying I've done, I think I have set realistic targets for myself for each subject.

Lit - AO

If I get lucky, all the papers will have a passage for me to read off and I'll be able to make up some quotes along the way to narrowly escape an F.

Econs - AO

So Miss Poh won't pester me to drop econs.

History - F

No buts about it. Even if I somehow turn into a smart guy on the day of the History exam and bring all my lucky charms to school I'm still going to get an F.

Maths- E

And this is going out on a limb and assuming that I'll be able to do everything I studied for.

---


You know you really need to start studying when....

- You don't know what a normative statement is.

- You look at a history question and your mind blanks out as you try to recall everything that has been thought.

- Chinese looks like hieroglyphics.

- You take a good minute to spell hieroglyphics.

- King Lear is as hard to understand as ancient greek manuscripts.

- You don't understand half of what happens in Frankenstein despite having read through it 2 times.

- You don't know how to draw curves.

- You feel constipated when you do a binomial question.

- Paranoia kicks in whenever you do maths and you feel like every answer is wrong.

- You spend your sunday morning mindlessly blogging.