Thursday, October 21, 2004

I have engineered my own downfall. Shot myself in the foot. Fell into my own trap. Slipped over my own banana peel. Ok I think that's enough. A picture paints a thousand words. If you looked at my shirt and pants after the prac, you'd know.

Yellow patch on my shirt: Spilt chemicals.
Yellow patch on my pants: also spilt chemicals. And alternative argument could be made that I was so nervous I peed in my pants, in which the degree of nervousness would also be correct.

So incredibly nervous at the start. I read the instruction.

"Pale yellow"

I start pipetting, and I didn't see the pipette filler. So I thought 'aiya no big deal la' and I start sucking the pipette. Not only was it time consuming as it was damn hard to get the correct level, but I sucked the chemical(I believe it was sodium thiosulphate) in my mouth. First time not so bad la...like lemon water. The second was like...well, a lemon. Then I saw the red thing.

As usual, I can't figure out how pale is pale, so I figured I'd keep going until I saw "pale". I did 3 times at first. In all 3, the solution turned colourless before I could find "pale". So i started a 4th time, keeping the reading where the solution tuned colourless(25.6) in mind, so I would know to stop at about 25.4/25.5. So when I reach 24.3, I clip the burette so I could release the rest abit at a time. And what happens? The solution continues flowing,dammit. So, when everyone was starting on their QA, I devise a plan, with Mr Wong watching and the invigilator looking away.

Me:*drop drop*
*show*
Wong:*nonono**pinches twice*
Me:* drop drop*
Wong: *pinches once*
Me:*drop*
Wong:*indes finger meets thumb*

Plan successful.

This was followed by...

Me: *drips abit on tile*
Wong: *wtf stare*

This was so I could compare the colour later.

So, with half an hour left, I rush through the QA in the same way a tornado blows through an african hut, leaving the paper, the chemicals and the table in a mess. When I submitted the paper, no page was spared. Not even the cover. Even the teacher frowned at me. Sigh.

Time to study physics prac.

---

On a lighter note, an informal poll.

Should I take the music off the blog?

Answer on tagboard.