Sunday, October 10, 2004

Next week will be my last 5 days in Victoria School. Pretty sad to be leaving the school. I will treasure those final days like no other. It seems like only yesterday when I showed up at Victoria School, a blur boy who didn't know much about anything and everything. Now I'm leaving Victoria School as .... well, a blur teenager who (still) dosen't know much about anything and everything. That being said, I've taken alot from my stay in Victoria School. Had some high points, some low points, made lots of friends and a few enemies. Lots of great moments, and lots of embarassing moments too. People in VS should know. Will be singing the Victorian Anthem on Monday. Will probably shout my throat sore. Not good for my Singapore Idol hopes(omg ego ego), but don't care right now.

---

That being said, all I really did was slide through my first 3 years at Victoria School. Just edged my way into VS. scraped into an 8-subject combination with a score of 60.3. If the benchmark was 65, I would have gotten 65.3. That pretty sums up the nature of my lower sec life. Was pretty much a homework-copying slacker. Sec 2 was pretty fun though, with lots of trouble makers in my class, such as dimitra, shaun and who could forget the now-somewhere-else Ghafoor. The days of Wahid Prata will be remembered.

---

Sec 3 was pretty much a disaster for me. Was the first time I saw my grades slip tremendously, with 40 points as my all-time high. Couldn't understand a single thing in amaths class. Couldn't be bother in Chemistry class. Did my own thing in Lit class. Hated History. Chinese was a pretty slack and extemely boring class. English was pretty much my saving grace. Fail physics too, despite trying pretty hard. Remembered my rock-bottom grades in Sec 3.

EL- B4
CL- C5
EM- B4
AM- F9
PH- D7
CH- F9
HI-E8
LI- B3

L1R5- 32. And that was probably the best grade of the year.

Outside of that, I got kicked out of the RC committee because of 1 minute of rudeness. Lesson learnt: Don't cross the boss. Got pretty much kicked around like shit after that. Quit at the end of Sec 3, because of my studies and also because I couldn't stand RC at the time. Still hate the guts some people inside, though that has faded somewhat, I still try to avoid some people.

On 31st december, I told myself: The only way you can go is up. I got tuition for amaths, physics and chem.

---

And now I awaken from my 3.5-year long slumber. I draw the curtains of deceit, delusion and depression and bathe in the warmth of the world around me. Damn. Singapore is too hot.

Sometime during July( I think), I was watching a pool match on ESPN. Tony Drago was kicking some Malaysian guy's butt. Before he hit in the final ball to seal the match, the commentator said something which stuck in my mind, and would later become the midset I adopted for the prelims.

There are two ways you can do something well. Either you do it like it means everything, or you do it like it means nothing.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home