Thursday, October 14, 2004

Lots of people have been putting the school down recently. The sec 4s have been complaining about the half-day being put on a monday, a day when we do not have to go to school anyway. You complain about going to track & field and not being able to enjoy its benefits. Think of it this way. We have teachers like crazy wong, pink ernie and of course miss tang. These are teachers who will not hesitate to use the slots vacated by the other teachers for lessons of their own. So lessons would still take place anyway. Also, even if they did not take place, the free 1.5 hours isn't going to do much good. Seriously. If you study, you're just replacing lesson with study time. If you slack, you lose valuable lesson time. If you blog, good for you then.

Then there's the complaints about printing fees. While it is somewhat expensive, and we( including myself) agree on the fact that foul play is occurring *coughembezzlecough*, we're just going to have to deal with it instead of continually whining. Apparently, someone is following the example set by George W. Bush in transparency. So who are we to question the teachings of the most powerful man in the world?

Which is followed by complaints on over or under moderation. It's no big deal to me if the school wants to give undeserving trashbags the chance to go to a lousy jc for 3 months and settle nicely into ITE. But people seem to be making a mountain out of this molehill. Some compare it to tkgs' moderation, while some claim that moderating undermines the effort of the good students. Ironically, the guy who complained about under moderation got somewhere around 7 points anyway. And to anyone who complains about overmoderation, you probably got a single digit score, so keep quiet and sit in your corner cuddling your textbook.

Which precedes the complaints about CCA grades. While I, too, am pissed, I must admit that I only did two years worth of working, while not giving two hoots about my cca in the latter two years. So I'm fine with my grade, and it's time to move on towards the impending O levels. Somebody has been complaining endlessly about a CCA which was dissolved when he was sec2, which he feels he deserves a point in. He most certainly does not. Why? Because he was not committed to it in the first place, and was only a committee member due to the small number of people in the CCA, and yet he feels he deserves it. Though I must admit, if I got one point added through ELDDS, I wouldn't complain, but I wouldn't go around bitching, whining and pretty much making noise over that one point. On a side note, I myself have been marching in numerous parades but to be honest, in not one of them did I feel I should have been there. I have also MC'ed a few events, but that was fun. I should not be awarded points for fun, though I still would not mind. And besides, no amount of complaining is going to surmount for anything if the goddamn HOD of CCA does not check the school forum. So if you have anything to say, just go to him and say it instead of irritating the people around you with complaints. The world has enough noise already.

---

Speaking of noise, I'm going to start practicing my vocals soon, just for fun. So if anyone wants to join me or help me seek training, give me a signal.

---

On another note, my sense of humour reached a high for the first time in a long while. Exam stress might be ~taking its toll on me, she said goodbye~ *ahem* Definately having an effect on my brain.

-Wilfred, who likes to believe he has an elvis-like voice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home