Thursday, July 06, 2006

In a game of football where the difference was a magnificent dive by Thierry Henry, it was decided that the French Fries were superior to the Portugese Egg Tarts, and will move on to face the Italian Pasta for, among other things, bragging rights, the world cup and to be the secret ingredient in the next episode of Iron Chef(which, incidentally, is the best show ever.) The loser, on the other hand, would then get the right to be the bluest team at the world cup. Sounds like a fair trade-off to me.

This of course, would probably lead to a deregulation of the daily activity known as school in favour of the nightly activity known as sleep.

---

I got knocked down by a car yesterday. Granted, it didn't really hurt since the car really could slow down, and it was partly my fault, but still, I got hit by a car! I probably should consider myself lucky though, I've probably used up all the karma for the year.

I was happily walking down the road with the earphones at full blast, so I'd have no idea of the car approaching me from behind until it was something like 2 metres away from me. By the time I turned around and realised the car was desperately trying to slow down, I was faced with a dilemma : Play the role of hapless victim and collect insurance later on, or try and probably fail trying to dive out of the way of the car like Chow Yun Fat in Bulletproof Monk(worst movie. ever.) and looking dumb in the process. So, I just stood there, and the car, which so conveniently had to be a lowrider, prodded me at the back of the knee hard enough to send me into the air. Not forward and flat on my face, damaging my complexion, but instead upwards, so I ended up sitting on the hood of the car while the driver got a view of my ass pressed against his poor windscreen. Much awkwardness ensued.

Of course, I really should be thanking my lucky stars and I'm still sitting here typing this instead of lying in a shady hospital bed wondering if getting hurt was worth the time away from school.

Then again, it probably would've been.

---

If you had a choice, would you eat char kuay teow or bak chor mee for the rest of your life?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

char kway teow. without a doubt.

10:56 PM  
Blogger yun said...

You really should stop crossing the roads with your earphones on.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home