Sunday, June 18, 2006

I have concluded that betting on football is a really, really, bad habit. Not only does it make you stay up in anticipation to watch matches, you stand to lose money from it too. #*^@)*%^ Czech republic. I mean, what were the chances of losing to Ghana? GHANA? A team that basically has one Chelski player, has never entered the world cup before and has the rest of its contintental compatriots doing terribly?

On a side note, USA vs Italy was probably one of the most intriguing matches in a while. Even if the score just says 1-1. 10 offside calls? A disallowed goal that would've allowed Americans everywhere to abuse pizza parlour employees everywhere had it gone in? Three red cards? Now this is what the world cup should be. Not England - Paraguay. Not Englad - Trinidad & Tobago. Heck, not England - Anything not named Brazil or Argentina.

In a completely different vein, the Japanese are the worst losers -ever-. In Japan, sporting events are relatively obscure until Japan starts winning. Like how the Winter Olympics was just one big female figure skating tournament. Or how nobody watched baseball until that Japanese dude suddenly became a star. Which can only mean that losing to the Aussies caused Japan to either completely not care about the World Cup, or list that as a national tragedy, right next to Hiroshima getting bombed.

---

I've realised that the blog's become not much more than world cup ramblings, which means I should attempt to pull my sanity back from under the bed, even though I actually sleep on a mattress.

My wisdom tooth decided to grow out all of a sudden. Call it an unwanted guest, an unexpected visitor or a big fat V-sign in my face from Fate, but it hurts really bad. Basically, I can't open my mouth much. Because the fecking tooth decides to either scrape the side of my mouth, which means a sore spot, or clash with the top of my jawbone, which sucks too.

I hope I don't have to get it plucked when I see the dentist tomorrow. From what I hear wisdom teeth plucking is really painful, leaving you with a week of not being able to eat properly. And I'm going on a holiday next week, too. Well, at least the overbearing pain in my mouth might serve as a way for me to rationalise my Fs for the midyears.