Friday, June 02, 2006

Gosh, it's been a while since I made an entry.

Anyway, Germaine got sent to the hospital today. Thankfully, nothing serious. How in the world it happened, I have no idea. Why I have such delayed reactions, I have no idea. Well, the good thing that came out of it is that econs remedial got stopped prematurely, so no complaints. Besides, exploring CGH was rather fun, ecspecially since I never went to the A&E section before, since all the CIP I did in sec 2 was rather boring stuff.

However, if I was having amnesia and the only two things I could remember was my name and econs notes, I'd be absolutely terrified, because that's a whole bunch of non-material welfare down the drain.

---

It appears that everywhere, no matter where you are, people get discriminated based on 1 of 2 things 1) outward appearance, 2) weird habits. The latter I understand pretty well. It's one thing to be quirky ; It's another to act like a demon out of a prototype Ghostbusters movie.

The former, however, is rather rampant, due to the lack of human knowledge. Asians get discriminated in Europe, you're Chinese, which means that you're somewhere in proximity to Malaysia, which links you Islam, which links to terrorism, which means discrimination. Ask a Singaporean what he knows about France and he'll tell you 1 of 3 things : 1) They eat snails. 2) Thierry Henry/Zinedane Zidane! 3) Napoleon.

The point is, when people think about a foreign society, they only think of the peak of civilisation, or the absolute rock bottom of it(more likely, humans have this thing about them). However, you'd realise that in everyday civilisation, people still go to school like us, get jobs much similar to ours, scold and swear much like us, love one another like most of us do. Which means that, regardless of wealth, skin colour, sexual organs and a host of other factors, all humans are basically the same.

---

GP exam was on tuesday. Wasn't very easy, infact I found it rather difficult. Still, the topics were actually rather interesting, what with gender equality being obviously not-present in today's society, even more so since I experience it everyday I go to school, which also explains partially the string of ponnings recently. Incidentally, I proceeded to blesphemize the entire female gender, which -should- get me a zero for my AQ, if nothing else.

---

On another random note, never, ever, ask me to cut something for you. I tried to help today by cutting paper, but the terrible truth is that when a pair of scissors in my hand navigates paper, the end result often looks more like a non-functioning kidney rather than a heart.