Monday, May 29, 2006

Sometimes, I just feel like the black sheep of my family. So I went to a family gathering today, to celebrate a cousins birthday or something of the sort. Problem is, this cousin is about as old as, well, something four years old, so, this mostly turned out to be a kids' party since the other cousins were smart enough to be either a)overseas, b)doing sentry duty in camp or c) mysteriously ill at the time. So, on one end are little kids playing, which I hate right now, because I just have a thing against high pitched voices. On the other, lies my mother and her sisters, along with my aunt who just gave birth, which links to breastfeeding as a perfectly acceptable public conversation topic. Which to me is as taboo as associating Maroon5 with nice music ( I am feeling somewhat bitter after listening to Maroon5's cover of Don't Look Back in Anger, which is absolutely terrible.) And of course, the men have myseriously disappeared too, presumably on wife-forced errands.

I am never going to a family gathering again.