Monday, May 08, 2006

Elections are over. Somehow, I'm not really surprised it's 82 to 2 again. However, it's also reported that the opposition's proportion of votes increased too, which can only mean good times because more money is going to be handed out next time elections draw near.

The newspaper(i forgot which one), however, did publish and article to tell everyone who the "top losers" were. I'm not too sure about this, but that seems awfully rude, almost like "Oh Damn! You were so close but since you lost anyway I'm going to put your face in my newspaper so the public can look at your face and smile happily to themselves!"

At the same time, I also recall how the newspapers decided to tip the election in the PAP's favour a while back by announcing that Chiam Swee Tong was facing a real challenge by a guy named Sitoh or something along those lines. What really irked me about the article was that the first word they used to describe him was "lively". It could just be me, but how "lively" can an election candidate who's likely to be upwards of 50 be? I mean, knocking on everyone's doors with a big toothy grin hardly justifies as being "lively", and neither does putting up posters all over the place. The weirdest part was the vote for that GRC wasn't even close. Sitoh wasn't even on the aforementioned "most creditable losers" page.

---

Okay, I really should be concentrating on my work right now. I'd like some willpower,please. Anybody got extra to spare?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home