Thursday, December 15, 2005

Wow, it's already been over a week since I last updated. How time flies. Only a couple more weeks left still school starts. It'll be a hellish year, let's just hope all the (non-existant) hard work that we put in is going to be worth it eventually. Though I have a sick sense of foreboding that it isn't. A sick, gothic sense of foreboding.

---

Well, after spending the last week or so in Malaysia, I can safely say that things in Singapore are going to look a whole lot more expensive from now on.

The choir competition in KL was pretty ok for the most part, while it wasn't wholly enjoyable through and through (like some people would shamelessly announce on their blogs, it's probably due to these people that I felt rather irked at times), I can't really say I have any complaints since the trip for the most part was rather smooth, and I was strangely less irked by the yellow tap water than everyone else. I mean if the tap water really was harmful wouldn't someone have made a big deal out of it already?

However, it's pretty good to be back in Singapore. Nothing really feels like your own bed, sbs buses and tall buildings everywhere. Sure beats grass, cows and construction workers. I guess I realised how organised and peaceful Singapore is. Well, other than the large amount of anal taxi drivers anyway.

I can't believe everyone spent so much time worrying about how to smuggle their assorted products (consisting mostly of pirated cds, chewing gum and alchohol) across the Singapore customs only to not have a single thing happen. Guess the guards were feeling lazy. Heck, I walked through the gate with my handphone, wallet and stick of chewing gum and all I got was a glare from a guy in a police costume.

---

Off to batam on saturday, looks like I should get used to doing my own laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home