Tuesday, December 20, 2005

So much for that break.

Looking at my archives, it's been a long and winding road for not just myself, but for all of us. All my VS kakis(no no no brown shorts please) and my MJ friends who had to tolerate my shit for an entire year or so. And I seem of have changed a lot from my sec 4 days. Not just in physical appearance, the very fabric that my posts are weaved from have mutated as well.

No wonder they say youth is the best time of a person's life.

---

The much-anticipated meeting with Ms Lai turned out to be one big, fat, incredible letdown. All she did was stroll into class and try in vain to persuade us to drop subjects and switch classes. And all the while I was just staring at her with our eyes while doing somersaults and cartwheels at the back of my mind.

---

People, I come with a warning. Do not watch The Promise. And if you do, don't get your hopes up. The graphics are at best average, storyline wafer-thin and equally flimsy, and acting horrendous(ok, maybe not.) Heck, even Kung Fu Hustle and more depth and better action, and we all know how shallow a movie kung fu hustle is. People walk in expecting a blockbuster, a hit of film, something that puts Asian(well, China anyway, Advent Children kinda took the cake) cinema on the map, and all we get is a mediocre film about a slave that can really move.

Pride and prejudice, on the other hand, is a whole lot more mundane, and while the plot is somewhat shaky due to there being too many side characters and not enough focus on the main. It does however, keep you engaged despite not being particularly dynamic or spectacular. All in all, a warm movie.

Am still pondering over whether to watch Kong. One side says the storyline is completely lacking and full of fanservice in the form of dinosaurs, while the other side says that the effects alone and the length is worth it already. And with Narnia dawning upon us, one cna't help but wonder if the CG gorilla is worth watching.

---

The studying front has been rather neglected. You know it when your notes start collecting dust.