Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Um. Played tennis yesterday. Fun, but kinda gets boring after a while. Also, having so few tennis balls and having to worry about hitting them over the fence and to the next condo does things to you. Not much else happened. I shall exclude the rather comical epilogue of the day.

---

National Treasure.

Quite good, really. The charm and allure of treasure hunting does that to you. The movie kept me *almost* on the edge of my seat, even if most of the movie was spent talking and stuff. I think it's because a person gets more and more immersed into the plot as Nicholas Cage and co. find more and more clues to the treasure, while being chased down by Rich Bad Guys. It's pretty exciting, the way the scenes rapidly change. Gives you a sense of flurry and activity about the show. And being the stupid bugger that I am, I find myself interested in most of the movie, because most of my attempts to predict how the plot would progress went awry. The only part I got right was the clock tower shadow. Better than Alexander. If you don't like following plots(trust me this movie has one), watch Blade Trinity instead. However if you like moving action over fighting action, watch this, provided you know what's going on.

That being said, other than Nicholas Cage, the rest of the actors in the movies were pretty much nobodies. Good for Cage, bad for girls. Also, it gets strange when a thug is more handsome than the actors with lines.

Overall: better than most movies out now, but not a must-watch.

---

It's been a strange day. You know something is wrong when you get lost going to Orchard Cine, and only realized you've taken a wrong turn when you've reached Ngee Ann City. I proceeded to spend a good few minutes standing at HMV wondering where I went wrong until I saw a huge sign that said Orchard Cineleisure.

Also saw lotsa VS people at Orchard. First was Sean Lim at pastamania, and later at pool place. Also at pool place, bunch of 4C people I don't know. All I know is that one of them is a tofu king. Everyone does seem to recognize me nowadays though, unless I make a conscious effort to hide my face.

On the bus back to marine parade to play ball, Zher Ming aka Tom got onto the bus. Long story short, he tried to sneak in without paying his fare, got caught my the uncle, tried to blame the ez-link system, had an argument with the uncle in chinese, and when he realized he lost, yelled "F*CK YOU" to the uncle and got off the bus. Sheesh.

---

Ball was pretty fun today. The moment I came, I could see Xi-wei, Wilbur and Denys laughing at me from 20m away, even with my earphones on. I'd be glad if someone could fill me in on the reason why. And I was given weird stares when I told them I was in town wearing slippers. Also, Mok Marion Miller Mokgrady Mokafor made a rare appearance today, coming all the way from his hideout, or wherever he keeps his loot. Haven't seen him and Xi-wei in a while. It was fun.

And I seem to be more reckless nowadays. Just ask Denys and Xi-wei. =D

-Wilfred. With teh extra zing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home