Thursday, November 04, 2004

What a stressful day today. THREE papers! Nevermind that the papers were all pretty slacky. First up was emaths. Stumped by one question. Got that part right....I think. 9 :16 and 3:14. Something along that line. THe part I did get wrong, though, was the proving of similarity of the two triangles, which I though was so fiendishly easy it was a trick question. Turns out I did get tricked. There is no SAS is similarity, dammit!. Also made another careless mistake at the shear factor question. Once again, I managed to miss out the minus sign, despite discussing that with Zi Xiang 3 minutes before the paper started. what the hell. Other than that, everything was pretty much okay. The only thing I'll die to is my own carelessness, and inability to draw a nice-looking graph. So I think I'll work on that over the weekend.

---

I was NOT happy with the lit papers. All along, we've been taught to do tough questions, regarding symbolism and stuff.. and what comes out? Questions so owerfully simple that most of us weren't prepared for them...I bet the other schools are having a field day though. That was paper one anyway. Not to mention the unseen wasn't exactly the easiest passage in the world. Tough.

Anyway, I blazed through the paper. While Shangqian just started writing, he already heard a flipping sound. While this could mean that he thinks slower, we must realize that True intelligence should not be confused with speed of thinking(sound familiar?). Actually used up four sheets of paper this time. That's like....7 pages.wth was is doing?

On a side note, Jeremy Leck claimed to have to many quotes that he had so many abbreviations that he had to come up with abbreviations to remember the abbreviations. So he walks into the exam hall, and writes all his abbreviated abbreviations on the paper provided. And he got scolded by the teacher. Lol. She didn't even begin to understand what he was writing. It looked like a word search anyway.

---

During the one-hour layover, Isa, myself and Xi-wei went down and we remembered quotes for twelfth night, the harder paper, both because of its shorter duration and its difficulty to smoke out. We memorised a bunch of quotes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home