Sunday, January 21, 2007

It has just occurred to me that the demons of national service are only 5 days away from inflicting impending doom on me. As you should already be able to tell, I'm not exactly happy about this ; If I wanted to be brainwashed, mind-wiped, or some other term in the thesauraus related to a pun about the cleaning of the inside of the skull, I would stick my head inside of a toilet bowl and flush a few times. It would achieve roughly the same effect, just that I wouldn't have to waste two years of my life doing it, and I can retain my hair and my dignity. When Bangla workers, Filipino maids and primary school children have nicer handphones than you, it's no wonder NS turns out to be a humbling experience.

The entire experience however, would give me something to fill the void with at the moment. Too often I've built something just to have something to look at later, or wrote a long meaningless entry for the sake of having something to read later on, because there isn't much in the way of intellectual content on the net these days, and having my own website where I throretically could, but decided not to for the sake of everyone who wants to keep their eyes, stick a picture of myself at the top or execute other narcissistic web-shenanigans, is no more than a bonus. In fact, I'm not even sure people read this anymore, so this is more for myself than anyone else.

Unlike most people, filling the void with people isn't something I'd consistently like to do, or completely not like to do at all - Because then the loss of said commodity would invalidate one's existence completely. I'm not the type to whine about being alone or complain about constantly being surrounded by people, because, in the end, everyone adjusts to their surroundings, just that I try not to seek consolation in adjusting.

---

For reasons unknown, most probably my brain going on a vacation to Vanuatu, I attended the concert of Il Divo, victim of bad typos such as Ill Divo, Il Diva, Il Dive, Il TiVo and ilk Divo. To my surprise, they're actually not too bad, but I could've done with a little less vibrato - throughout the concert I felt like I was sitting on a giant ringing handphone. Aside from that, I had no idea why they did a costume change midway through ; Either the costume change was a good time to perform a guitar solo, or the guitar solo was a good time to do a costume change as opposed to standing around awkwardly for three minutes or so. Barring that, it was so-so. Fans will probably chastise me for this, but they're overrated, though not by much. If you throw enough handsome guys into a group, there will be people lapping it up.

---

Note to self : When using a flip phone, do not get fingers in between.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Frances said...

You'll get to select from various costumes as BuyCostumes.com has group Halloween costumes which you and your peers would definitely enjoy wearing for any kind of costume party.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home