Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thankfully, the haze has died down after the craziness of saturday, when I came home and found ashes in my hair. Not a great way to conclude your day, looking like you just burnt your hair in a freak accident. That being said, I'm still rather peeved off by the haze, for two reasons:

1) The obvious one. Creating streets so musty you could film a D-grade ghost movie in it and probably get away with it, buildings you thought were there mysteriously disappearing, blowing your nose to find your mucus being a sick shade of yellow tinted with grey, the sky being perenially overcast, giving rise to cries of "The haze is killing us!", "The world is ending!", "The sun has gone on vacation!" and "Who turned out the lights?"

Now, what possible argument could there be for burning trees seeming arbritrarily? "Ariable land quick" is one of the lamest excuses I've heard in a while, right up there with using blondness to dismiss stupidity, reconciling sleep time with results, and "The world is out to get me!" in response to "This is your fault!" (I'm not kidding about the last one, my brother has an anal thing going on about never being wrong which has lasted since he was like 7 years old. To this day, I still havent heard him admit it.) It's not like the world suddenly doesn't have a use for lumber anymore. Then again, I wouldn't put anything past Indonesia anymore.

2) Now, with a PSI of 200 we would all be happy people - Since schools would close(good), people would stop going to work(bad for me, good for others - no house to myself anymore), crows would hopefully choke to death(good) and so on. So since they were already wreaking unnecessary havoc on the world, why not push their luck a bit more and give students everywhere a better life? Once again, those damn Indos, practicing moderation at the wrong time.

---

Studying seems to have taken a tumble for the moment, at the rate I'm going I'll probably sink like an elephant in the Indian Ocean. Which can only mean I'll have to go back to doing a little bit of studying and work my way from there. Which, given my minute attention span, means an uphill battle.

...

Bring it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home