Monday, July 18, 2005

There was an article in the newspaper a few days back on religion. Somewhere inside it mentioned that about 14% of the Singaporean population in Singapore were christians, with slightly more religionless people.

14%, my ass.

Every day, I go to school, and realize half my class is christian, possibly more. Then I realize that are in fact quite alot of christians in choir. Then I look at the people outside of my class, and realize quite a few of them are christian. Heck, even my history teacher is a christian. Christians populate MJ like sheep populate New Zealand.

That being said, with so many christians, how many of them actually join with the intent of worshipping God? Quite frankly, many churches have extra pull factors to them, such as making social connections, learning music and wanting to go to heaven. In fact, in many places, christianity has become such a social thing that sometimes, it just loses its meaning. Most probably wouldn't even worship God if they didn't have any friends to look forward to meeting at church. It almost seems as if Christianity serves as a source for a sense of security. To put it bluntly, there are people who join churches for the same reason delinquents join gangs. They still do pay the church protection fees, under a different name. That being said, a church can also be likened to a community.

Then, there are people who act like they are superior just because they believe that they're going to heaven, and it reflects in their daily behaviour. I hate those people.

I shall stop here, in fear of drawing more flak.

---

I seem to have lost my passion for all things associated with school. Granted, it definitely is a fine place to learn and get an education, but the school is shagging me to the point where I feel too tired to do much else. Granted, I'm not exactly swarmed with work(not yet anyway), but it just feels like life could be spent doing much better stuff. Life is short. 6 months in MJ just flashed by me like it was nothing. Quite frankly, I don't feel like I learned much from MJ. I hate to say it, Mrs Raj may have been right.

And instead, dumb existential questions plague my brain.

---

It's not you
It's all me
As if me taking all the blame would make you feel better, now

But our light's, burned out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home