Friday, March 17, 2006

If one more person asks me to donate/buy/spare coins again, I swear I'll go mad.

A Thai/Indonesian/Malaysian construction worker asked me for spare change so he could take a train. Now, being the good guy that I am, I WOULD have happily obliged if he hadn't :

a) Asked for $2.90 so he could take a train to woodlands, ignoring the fact that he had nothing to do at kembangan at all,
b) Looked so neat and tidy, and
c) Tried the SAME BLOODY THING on me 3 days ago, which I blindly agreed to since he wouldn't get off my back, and his gay disposition kinda disturbed me anyhow.

5 minutes before that, a caucasian came up to me and asked me for money. He then proceeded to go on for a good 5 minutes about his mormon cult and why I should donate to it even though I'd get nothing out of it before realising he was wasting both our times. Either that, or he saw the veins popping on my forehead.

An hour before said attempted caucasian robbery, a bunch of secondary school girls brandishing silver tins were running up to strangers and shoving cans in their faces as a threat to donate or face their wrath. Now this I would'nt have minded, since they'd be happy after 1 coin. But Noooooooooooooooooooo, even after I threw in a 10-cent coin, they practically surrounded me like I was criminal from the land of nodonations.

"EH, YOUR WALLET GOT DOLLAR COIN!"
"DoNaTe La dOnAtE lA!"

How alternate caps translate to real life speaking, I have no idea. It just ran through my mind as they said it. Of course, it didn't help that the girls weren't exactly what I'd call visually appealing.

Fuck. Do I look like such a pushover that I have to go out of my way to prove I'm not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home