Friday, December 19, 2003

Here are two movie reviews.

Love actually: A really sweet christmas movie. I like it because it dosen't try to be anything big or drastic, just a lot of small, heartwarming stories that bring a tear to your eye. Well actually it may not. It's also quite funny too. Sigh....If only love was really all around us.

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King: *SPOILER WARNING*Watched this today.....er yesterday. The final instalment of the great trilogy by JRR Tolkien. The grand daddy of all movies. And not all it's cracked up to be. Maybe because I knew what was going to happen, so yar. Anyway, great war scenes, powerful CG, Good acting and a solid, albeit unoriginal plot come together to bring you this. I quite enjoyed it, even though my friend called me during the movie, causing me to miss the Frodo-Smeagol Fight(you know who you are). The ending is also somewhat draggy. At the end, the screen turned white, and I thought it ended. But it didnt. Then peace was restored to Minas Tirith, where a new king was crowned. And it STILL didn't end. THe hobbits returned to the Shire. And it still WAS NOT the end. So you can guess how irritating it can get when there are so many potentially powerful ending scenes and the actual ending scene turned out to be a turd.

Haha...today go out watch movie with friends.....tried out my winter cap again.....And got the same result. I'll save it for Korea I guess. Then we went to Mac's, where we met a friend from pskl. She talked with us for almost 20 mins....Some girls just don't stop talking.....some guys too. Den ask us to go musical. Still dunnoe whether 2 go ornot.....better than staying at home though. Then i proceeded to get half my food eaten by rich people who were too stingy to buy their own food. You know who you are too. Den go home lo. Nothing much really happened though. I feel good abt myself cos I managed to wake up at noon and rush to the theater at suntec by 1pm, when the movie started, and had timet o bath, with soap even. Muahaha, me=some good. That's it for today, I guess.

Tomorrow: A thought from another movie I watched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home